Wednesday, April 06, 2005

iPod and Back Scare

I got a real scare this afternoon. I've noticed since I got the iPod that my iTunes library has 2 songs more than my iPod. This after doing the automatic update. Coming from a guy who insists on having all my songs have album covers, this irritated me. So I cleaned out all the songs on the iPod and decided to manually add the songs 30 by 30. Eventually I found it (some Fiona Apple "Extraordinary Machine" songs have two occurences of the same song). So I went back and tried to do an auto update to make it quicker. Once I unplugged it from my PC to start listening, all my songs, playlists, albums, composers, genres, groupie pictures were empty. All of it gone. I plugged it back in and it seemed to work fine on screen but on the iPod itself, it was like I just bought it. Everything was gone. Dammit. A quick read through the apple site and I found the diamond in the rough. Restart. And now my ears are bleeding from having these earphones plugged in for 8-9 hours a day.

Before that, I went to see the doctor to get a quick check on my left foot. I "hurt" it ( I use hurt but it's not really painful. Just can't lift it as high as my right.) playing golf because of my messed up swing. It's been like this for a month and after the tenth time that I almost tripped and fell while walking, I gave up and went to see a doctor. He told me that there could be some nerve irritation because it's not painful but it's terribly weak. I mention that my back on the left side would sting if I tried to lift something. He said he'd consult with a Neurologist (!) to see what was wrong. So I'm driving back to the office and I get a call from him. The Neurologist called back. She said it might either be a nerve irritation on my back or a herniated disk (!). Either way, they want to do an MRI (!!!) to get a good idea of what was wrong. Which lead to this exchange:

Doc: In the meantime, no golf for you.
Me: Not even putting?
Doc: No golf. I'll call you soon. CLICK
Me: God Dammit God Dammit God Dammit!!

In other news, Operation: Big Apple has begun with a resounding thud. I've sent a couple of resumes out but the odds of a non-robot reply are as good as a threesome with me, Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz. Not freakin' likely. I've read my old posts to remind what I have to do. Haven't talked to my cousin there, or my aunts there. Haven't gone to the UPS store to ask about the address. I've told you about the job search. Well, this is coming along nicely. (God dammit God Dammit God Dammit!!!)

Did I mention I bought an iPod? Great little piece of gadgetry it's so easy to use and.....

1 Comments:

Blogger karlmd said...

im using windows based itunes but next time, try this:
Edit>Show Duplicate Songs. I just recently discovered that too.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home