Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Closer Look

Right now I'm on another pointless meeting scheduled at the end of the day so I figured I'd catch up on some things.

"Sons of Man" is coming along poorly. I'm stuck in a rut because I keep changing things. I think I said somewhere in this space sometime back that the first story was easy. The lesson learned through all this is I'm an idiot. It will surface. Someday. So consider this the last time I mention any of this nonsense until it's done.

I'm making changes to the links at the side. There's a separate space for the bloggers I read, mostly friends and Neil Gaiman's, which is an excellent place to find helpful sites. Neil's the writer of The Sandman and lots of other novels. Take a look see, if not to see some real far off sites. Like this one. It's a webstrip and I spent an inordinate amount of time going through it. Entertaining stuff. Check it out.

Last week I worked on my swing pretty much everyday. It's still shitty. No that's not true. It's bad. But I'm working on it. I needed a break though, if not to just step away and let the weather turn warmer so I don't blow my back anymore than I already have. It's been cold the past few nights here so hitting that ball feels like hitting a rock.

Don't forget The Office, later tonight at 9:30!

Yesterday, got a call from Jen and she asked for my opinion on which color to choose: pink, blue or silver. Turns out that she got a brand spankin' new iPod Mini! (I told her she's a silver). She mentions that Best Buy offers an 18 month no interest payment plan and mp3 players qualify. After 3 hours and a ton of money, I am now(finally) the proud owner of my own iPod. Before, I thought I'd never use it since I listen to music on my car all the time and besides, all my files are in my laptop so I never really see any use for it. Well, turns out they have a car adapter. That got the iPod back on my radar. Then with the whole Big Apple move, I figured it would be perfect there. I'm probably gonna end up selling my car too when I move so the iPod would be handy. The 18 month no interest plan just clinched it. Now if I can just figure out how to get rid of my old players...

Jus watched Closer over the weekend. Good movie. Not great but very real except for one stupid scene which I'll get to in a minute. I liked how the story moved and scenes felt like they didn't occur over the course of successive days. Very character driven which I liked a lot. I feel somewhat ashamed that the only reason I picked it up was because of Natalie Portman's stripper scenes. Well, no not really. That was the only reason I picked it up. And let me tell you something, it did not disappoint. This should've been a must watch every day movie for me except for a few things. There was a ridiculous scene where Jude Laws' character first comes in contact with Clive Owens' character online in a sex chat room. He pretends to be a girl while Owen's character seems like a newbie, being real honest. Jude mentions that he (or she) wants to meet. He gives the name "Anna", tells him he(or she) is blonde and to meet him at the aquarium. "Anna" is Julia Roberts character and she happens to be at the aquarium as well. Owens' starts hitting on her because he thinks she's the person he was chatting with. Then Julia says that you were fooled, "by a guy named Daniel". Excuse me? How the hell did she know that it was Jude Law chatting? To make matters worse, that whole scene was the first domino in the series of events for the whole movie. Maybe I don't chat as much anymore but that whole premise seems ludicrous and unbelievable. Or, to put it bluntly, that shit doesn't happen. I think it brought the whole movie down. Thank god for Natalie Portman, for her great acting and awesome thon...stripper scene. I also don't like the casting of Clive Owen as the neanderthal man. Could've done better. They should have gotten someone truly insane to play that role, like Tom Sizemore or Dennis Rodman. Good movie. Could've been an all-timer.

I don't know about you, but I've yet to come across a more bigger time waster than looking-for-album-covers-for-my-mp3-files. And believe me, I've wasted plenty. Not even a "Newlyweds" marathon can match it. Naturally, I spent an inordinate amount of my time today doing just that and I loved every minute of it. The only reason I got the iPod photo was to have the album cover show while I play my songs. Picky, I know. But I'm giving up buying CD's and will get everything either on iTunes or...somewhere. So I still want to hold on to some part of the CD buying experience. This was the site were I took all the album covers. They have a lot of them. I was impressed when I found obscure 90's album covers that I need here. Not a bad site overall. Go check it out.

Right I think that's about it. The drones are still talking over the teleconference but I'm signing off now. Here and there.

1 Comments:

Blogger karlmd said...

hey! welcome to the world of the iPod! it'll suck you right in to spending all your time getting as much music as you can into it. hehe. interested in file sharing and downloading FREE music? get the bearshare software (like napster but this one's free because maybe none of the antipiracy people have noticed it yet). btw, i agree with you on all points about that closer movie. it was good but it was too weird for me. later!

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home