Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Crazy...

Some things that have nothing to do with each other. Just had to get that out of the way.

I found this while browsing through Neil Gaiman's journal. A blogger was helping his son with a homework to make fictional stories. He was given a hand out with the same words on the chart to replace "Said". I haven't gone back to any of my works yet if I said "Said" too many times. Not that I really care since I completely disagree with replacing "Said". You're not going to use it anyway if the story calls for an emotion to be pointed out. I've always believed in letting the words flow from your head to the paper and if "Said" comes out, then so be it. What's next, no more pronouns? I don't know about you, but the fact that they are teaching this in schools scares me. Pretty soon, "Said" will be, indeed, "Dead". Otherwise, nice site with a lot of helpful stuff.

For art lovers. Michael Zulli is a wonderful painter and drew the final story for "The Sandman", among other things. He's decided to draw one last final Dream and he's been kind enough to give updates in a blog meets art class style site. Just checked it now as I write and the painting is coming along great. This reminds me of that show where the old gray haired guy would teach painting sceneries on TV. It's the most boring show I've ever seen. Right next to Gilmore Girls. Maybe if he drew models and have Kate Winslet to draw, like Leo did.

Here's another reason to love the Internet and hate Corporate types. It's been 6 years since Fiona Apple made a record and longer since she won prestige for "Criminal". Now word from the San Francisco Chronicle that her new record was actually done 2 years ago but the suits at Sony didn't release it because there was no "single". In the meantime, the entire album, called "Extraordinary Machine" has been leaked and people are spreading it like wildfire. I got my copy this morning and I've been listening to it repeatedly ever since. Very different and very unique. It's awesome stuff. Personal favorites are Better Version of Me and Extraordinary. It wasn't very hard to find (I did get my copy from a link in the story) and people are willing to share. And yes, there was no single but who cares? If anybody wants some, let me know or just find it. Like I said it ain't that hard.

On the side, check out The Mars Volta. Great band, great album.

Finally, if you want your piece of history, or if you don't mind Aliens visiting your window to get your autograph or buy your car, then this is for you. Maybe someday, I can find on the internet a picture of an alien seeing a "Penis Pumper" ad for the first time. I can just imagine it's eyes ( or whatever it has) and mouth in shock at the ad. Then just shake it's head and turn to it's buddy and say

"Those crazy Earthlings"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home