Thursday, March 03, 2005

Hot Water in the Morning

My normal routine every morning before taking a shower is heating up a cup of water for my coffee. I'd put it on and have a smoke while waiting. When the cigarette has about 1/4 left on it, I know the microwave is done. I make my coffee, finish my smoke and take a shower. I do this to wake up before showering. Pretty normal routine and I'm sure I'm not the only one like this.

Today though, I woke up late. I had to finish my shower quickly because my Aunt has to go after me. Understand, two people can't take a shower in our house in succession unless we each take only 5 minutes. The hot water runs out and needs 15 minutes to get back up to a respectable level. I'm not sure if this is how it normally is in other houses but annoying cannot begin to describe this setup. When I own my own house, I'll have a tap to a deep well of hot water. So anyway, I decide to take a shower first and have coffee later. Not good. I felt groggy and sleepy and the hot water didn't help wake me up (And no, there's no freakin' way I'm showering with cold water in this weather) When I finished, I went out to the microwave, took my cup, put it in and went out for a smoke. I heard the microwave finish about the same time my Aunt woke up. She mentioned not to close the microwave door since she was going to put her cup in. I said ok. So I went to grab my cup and noticed it was real light.

I peeked in and found I had heated my cup. Just the cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home