Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dumb, Sour Things

I was ripping songs to my laptop so I can transfer them to the iPod. I was hungry so I picked up everything (laptop, iPod, charger, headphones) and took them to the kitchen table so I can eat while waiting. So I was minding my own business when my aunt comes strolling in from work. She tells me "Don't use that there. You might burn the plastic." Set aside fact that the hot air the computer was blowing can't heat my coffee. Have you ever heard anything dumber? Me, neither.

Anyway, on to better things. Michael Zulli's "The Last Morpheus" painting was done a few days ago. I missed it and I missed the online auction. Not that I was going to bid on it. He put the starting price in the 4 digit range. I love his work and I love The Sandman, but I'm not paying anything over a hundred bucks, I'm sorry. Would have looked real good over my bed, though. The Dream King, watching over me. That would have been awesome. But it was not to be. So I did the next best thing and just copied the final painting from his website into .jpg format. Here's the link again to his online blog/art class. Scroll all the way to the bottom to see the finished product.

This is a cool little thing that I have barely scratched. Apparently, it takes a feed of the songs you listen to on your computer and makes a list on your profile. It tracks the play count and determines your taste. You can even hook up with other people with similar tastes. Pretty impressive. A sonic blog. Haven't had the time to mess around with but I'll definitely jot my full impression of the site here when I've spent more time on it.

For this, I'll keep it short and invite you to click it. Please. You won't even have to go farther than the first page. You'll thank me later.

Yesterday, upon good advice from my friend, I took the light rail to work. Gas prices aren't getting any cheaper these days and I needed the break from driving the whole time. It's good to once in awhile look out the window and marvel at the world without crashing the car. And, I used the time to come up with ideas for "Sons Of Man". I got some stuff down, but for the most part I just enjoyed the ride. Because, it was a long ass ride. Lot's of stops. Especially in downtown, where it seems like it stops every quarter mile. But, as I said, really enjoyable. I might do it again if the gas price hits the 3 dollar mark.

I was going to end with a great picture that was sent to me but Hello was not cooperating. I detailed the crappy Hello program somewhere in this blog but I can't remember. Anyway, it might be because I'm on a dial up BUT, uploading a 111kb picture surely would not need an hour to download. So I started on a sour note and end on another sour note. There's a joke here somewhere. Whatever, I'm tired. Good night, Good night!

1 Comments:

Blogger karlmd said...

i'm sorry this comment is a little delayed. i've been out of touch from the rest of the world the past 15 days. anyway, it's uncanny that you should write about michael zulli and morpheus. my college friend sent me that link and she was very excited about the painting too. but i'm sure that, like you, she didn't bid. she's a comic book freak and a science geek. you guys should meet. haha. kidding.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home