Thursday, September 22, 2005

LA Drama

The city of LA is known for it's on-screen stars and plenty of drama, made-up or real. Yesterday the place did not disappoint, gluing residents of California for a good hour and a half as we watched a Jet Blue airline circle around LAX with its front landing gear damaged. The pictures in the link don't do the scene justice when it finally landed after what seemed like an eternity circling around. I'm sure that's what the passengers felt. Everyone I talked to while it was circling said the metal above the tire had no chance of staying in one piece when it has to help keep the plane upright on landing. When the plane finally came on it's descent, everyone in the bar waited with baited breath at the TV. I hate to say great TV, as I certainly am sensitive to what the people inside the plane must have gone through. Circling around LA for four hours with a busted tire, not knowing what's going to happen isn't a great way to spend the afternoon. And yet, there we all were in that bar, talking about what might happen, one eye on the person talking, the other watching a plane circle around the air. As the two back tires touched ground, everyone was silent. Still traveling fast, the nose lowered and you could smoke coming from the tire. Everyone, I mean everyone, stopped breathing for 2 seconds. When it finally stopped with only a burned out tire to show as damage, everyone cheered and applauded. Here I echo the sentiments of everyone that night, along with mine:

Good job, pilot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and find it weird that you and I watched the exact same scene from the exact same city at the exact same time, and here I am reading your thoughts on it. Yet we are total strangers. I guess the world just amazes me

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home