Monday, August 15, 2005

Foot Drop (Part 2) Chiropractic Hell

This is dedicated to you wickedsis. You now have permission to tell me "I told you so!!" You told me once that I was going to chiropractic hell. Well, I just got back. Here's what happened. BTW I'd tell the whole backstory, but I 'm lazy. So you can start here, then go here (past the red sox stuff) then finallly here. That'll catch you up.

The pain in my back started up again on saturday. I thought it was just from fatigue. Or maybe because I went back to the gym. It wasn't really painful, just annoying. Sunday rolled by and it still was there. So today, I finally got it checked by a chiropractor. I preferred a massage, but they weren't there yet so this will have to do.

The receptionist that was there had me fill out 50 forms (ok maybe not but you know what I mean). It turned out alright because she had a great set off... Anyway, once inside the doctor's office, I got asked about my history and I told her about my back and the foot drop and everything else. The chiropractor looked Middle Eastern-ish, pregnant with really strong hands. When we shook hands, Iwas caught off guard by the grip she put on. She almost crushed my hand. I guess that's a sign of a good chiropractor. Anyway, we finally got to the tests. Flat on my back, she proceeded to feel every bone on my spine. From my neck, down to the very end of the spine above the ass cheeks, all she said was "Ok this one is not aligned (touches the right side) this one is slightly off (down one bone back to the left) ok this one is not aligned". She went on like that for 5 minutes. Basically, my left side is fucked and my right isn't, at least not yet. Then she did this thing with my feet, swaying them back and forth like I was a mermaid. Then she concluded that my left leg is inches shorter than my right. Huh? Did Sebastian tell you that? So I just gave some shit like "Oh really" and let her be. No point fighting someone that can crush my throat and 2 seconds.

All ridicule aside, it was a very informative session. I found out at that it's bad to keep the wallet on the right back pocket because it's not good for the spine. Also, she gave me a good alternative to cracking the bones on the fingers. Tomorrow is the x-ray and hopefully on Wednesday she can start beating up my back to straighten it out.

Until then, sis, you were right. I went to hell.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Damn. Good luck, Ry. I'll let wickedsis have the honors ;)

I've never believed in chiropractors, though. I always thought of them as one of those quack doctors :P Just be sure she doesn't mend what doesn't need mending ;) I thoroughly enjoyed your Kid Again entry. These damn cartoons nowadays ain't worth a dime.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i don't want to nag but...


WHAT DID I TELL YOU??? DID U LISTEN??? NO,,, YOU HAD TO BE ALL MACHO AND PLAY WITH YOUR IRONS...

seriously though, can u please have your back checked before you let your male ego get to you again??? it's the only way to appease the chiropractic gods...

moral of the story? listen to wickedsis :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i don't want to nag but...


WHAT DID I TELL YOU??? DID U LISTEN??? NO,,, YOU HAD TO BE ALL MACHO AND PLAY WITH YOUR IRONS...

seriously though, can u please have your back checked before you let your male ego get to you again??? it's the only way to appease the chiropractic gods...

moral of the story? listen to wickedsis :)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home