Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Dropping In (In n Out)

It's been awhile. I really planned on staying away since I was busy doing research on my pet project. But it's hard seeing as my last post was on Friday. Speaking of which, that was a pretty long winded In n Out which really broke the spirit of what it was supposed to be. In N Out's are supposed to be like fast food. So I'll keep my rambling short. This is why I'm writing now. Just to ramble on numerous things.

Super Bowl is only a couple of days away and I'll post my full running diary of the day here. This time, I'll try and keep tabs of the time by bringing a pen and paper to the party I'm going to. Hopefully, I don't look like a dork holding a beer, hotdog, pen and paper while watching the game. I'm really leaning on taking the Patriots and laying the 7, by the way.

As part of my research, I finally watched The Passion of Christ. What a brutal movie that was. I heard a lot of people say they felt bad watching it and wanting to go confess and all that. I just was in shock. Maybe for other people it meant much more because it was Jesus, but damn that was like watching a hardcore ECW match on pay per view. I thought the cinematography was a little cheesy on some parts. I also thought the characters talking in Latin (Hebrew? Aramaic?) was a real good touch. Best thing I noticed about the movie. Did I already tell you the movie was brutal? That whole chastising scene was real brutal. How many times am I gonna say brutal? Let's just move on.

Just got iTunes and moved all my mp3's there. That's also part of the reason I haven't been writing. Great program. Works real well with windows. A couple of minor annoyances though. I can't seem to get the "Get CD track Names" function working. I have to update my mp3's manually. Other than that, the normal migration problems. Tolerable. I'm almost at my goal of completely flushing out windows from my system. All thats left is Windows and Office. Nothing I can do about those two since I use a company PC. Unless I can convince the entire company to switch to Apple. Or better yet, Linux. Yeah, and dinosaurs are walking the Earth.

Lastly, I've decided to NOT post the monthly story here. After much deliberation, I've decided to post it at FanFiction.net. I just felt that I didn't want to bombard this space with too much. I'll keep this as a blog. I'll still post short stories and stuff here but by putting out on FanFiction.Net, I can get feedback from people I don't know and they host these kinds of projects there. I'll just put a link here, I guess. And no, I don' have a name yet. I'm leaning towards "Son of Man" but i have several problems with it. It's definitely going to change barring a serious case of writers block.

That's it. Now go out and live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home