Friday, June 10, 2005

Just Wheezing My Way...

I found myself back at a very familiar place. Somewhere I haven't been in awhile. With a round object in my hand, I put it over my head and try to shoot it at a target that is about a couple of inches bigger than the ball in my hand. I'm talking about the basketball court. Now, me being a daily smoker, I'd just like to say that if one is not used to running around the court at all times, one will surely be gasping for air and clutching their calves because of cramps, like I did. And, everything they ever told you about stamina and smoking is true, provided that it's not an every day thing. I know, because I still feel exhausted right now. It was fun though, to get back to playing after a long while. My back's not feeling good right now and my thighs feel like breaking off every time I climb stairs but it was great to do something from way back. Makes me sound old, that last sentence so let's just move on.

A couple of hours ago, I was at a mom and pop watch store. My watch ran out of batteries so I came there to get them fixed. The owner was an old man that has run the store since the beginning of time. The lady helping him looks like she came right after the Big Bang. ( I kid, I kid because I care. I love to patronize mom and pop shops. Down with corporations!!!!!) Anyway, while I was waiting, I noticed an exquisite wall clock. It looked like a big plate that got bar-b-q'd in the grill and the middle being burnt paper. My graphical presentation sucks but just trust me in saying that it was nice. Anyway, I looked at another clock in front of me that looked a bit more mondern and another one to my right. Then I noticed something odd. The time said 10:10 on the old burnt clock. Then I looked at the modern one and it said 12:50, which was indeed the correct time. I turned to look again at the clock to my right and it said 10:10. Aside from some other watches on the display (might have been tried on by customers) all the clocks and watches at the store had a time of 10:10. This really piqued my curiosity so I mustered up enough courage to ask the owner. Just as I was about to ask, I pictured myself asking them and got this response.

Old Man: (Pulling out a 12-gauge shotgun and pointing at me) Martha he knows!!!

Old Lady: (Running from the back and aiming the .45 at me) We should shoot him!!

Me: (Whimpering)

Quite an imagination. So I took my watches and paid the man and left. Maybe next time (pardon the pun) I'll ask. But I'll be damn sure to pack my own heat.

Finally, some links to sort through whenever you feel bored. Here's a blog called Postsecret which is getting some notoriety. I've gone through almost all of them. It's pretty interesting. Also, head on over to the Neil Gaiman Blog link for all you guys in the Philippines. He just posted his schedule of appearances. And some guy suggested he leave his trademark leather jacket. Sorry that was funny only to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home